Ricki in Korea

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My new apartment

I know I haven't posted in awhile but I was busy with school stuff. Also I've been reading alot and I haven't wanted to be on the computer. Anyway for those of you who don't know, when I renewed my contract for another year, I negotiated a new and bigger place. YAY because my old place was sort of a closet.  I felt like I was in a dungeon because it was facing another building and I had no sunlight. My school hired a real estate agent and one day we went looking at apartments. That day I saw many apartments in the building where almost all my friends live. Though the apartments are nice and it would be nice to live in the same building as my friends, I know this building. Their building has many different business in it including a bar, norebongs (singing rooms), live bar (where a band plays live music and you or the band sings and they charge a ridiculous amount of money), and a fried chicken place. As tempting and fun a place as it seems to be to live, not always. There are drunk business men milling around always and there's noise at all hours of the night. I've known enough hearing my friends complain. If I hadn't known we might have stopped there. But we went one train station away to Pyongchon. Right across the street from where the train stop is and a store called E-mart (like a wal-mart) is my apartment building. There is a door man so I can order all the packages I want. There are 3 elevators in the lobby. I was impressed already. But the best part of course was seeing my apartment. It's much bigger than my old one and it's bigger than some of my friends. Ha Ha!! That's not all. My apartment has an almost real kitchen it has plenty of cabinets (I think 9), a fancy fridge, a breakfast bar, annnnnnd a window Woohoooo!!!!. The bathroom has a sink and a shower separately unlike the combination sink/ shower I used to have and the cabinet space is bigger. My apartment over looks the city and an office building. The clothes closet is smaller than my old one but the front closets are a plus. Also I have loads of storage space above my bed and in form of cabinets in front of my window. I was so excited that my co-teacher and the chief of administration we're like she'll take it. Day one and I found a new place.

1 Comments:

  • At October 17, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Your sister said...

    Ohh lalala! You found your place in one day? I still would have had them take me to see more places. BUT when you know - you know.. Hold up, though-- the place you turned down had a fried chicken place IN the bldg and you turned it down?? Just WRONG! hahhaaa..

    Seriously, glad you found a place you like.. NOT glad that you are in Korea for another year!

    Miss you!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home