Ricki in Korea

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Teaching in Korea

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/html_dir/2009/09/08/200909080009.asp

I read this article and thought how awful it would be to be in that position. I'm glad that things worked out for me but for those applying be careful. I guess nothing is really set in stone. I didn't have problems with my recruiting company or the Board of Education. When I applied I was told one school but then was switched to another. I'm happy for that switch. I love my school and my students and wouldn't trade it for the world. My advice would just be to be cautious and try and speak to as many people as you can before coming or applying for a job here.

1 Comments:

  • At October 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM , Anonymous Your Sister said...

    Oh crap!! That is just TERRIBLE! Yes lucky for them this did not happen to you! UGH... Those poor teachers.. But the irony is the US is no better with how folks graduating from law school are being treated. The District Attorney's office did the same in 2003 to a bunch of 'new hires'. They told them "oh sorry we don't have the money"... And a ton of law firms did (and continue) to do the same. So the 'blame' the victim game is happening across industries and is happening here IN the US too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home